Thursday, March 22, 2012

Clark Gregg (S.H.I.E.L.D. Agent Phil Coulson) Talks About Viewing a Recent Cut of THE AVENGERS

a-funny-thing-happened-on-the-way-to-thors-hammer-clark-gregg-slice

In the Disney XD Marvel Universe animated series Ultimate Spider-Man, actor Clark Gregg voices Agent Phil Coulson. Although it’s the character that he also plays in Marvel’s live-action theatrical films, in this incarnation, Coulson is planted as the principal of Midtown High to keep a watchful eye on a teenage Peter Parker (voiced by Drake Bell) while he trains Spider-Man and the teen superheroes for the S.H.I.E.L.D. organization.

While we will run the portion of the interview where he talks about his involvement in the new series closer to its April 1st premiere date, we did want to post what he had to say about having seen a cut of the highly anticipated superhero movie The Avengers, which will hit theaters on May 4th.  Clearly a fan himself, Gregg thinks fans will be very excited with what director Joss Whedon has done with the film.  Check out what he had to say after the jump.

avengers-chris-hemsworth-clark-greggCollider: Have you been able to see a cut yet of The Avengers?

Clark Gregg: I will say yes to that. I’m not going to lie. I have seen a cut.

What did you think of it? How much more impressive was it then what you expected?

Gregg: I’m very excited for people to see this movie. I think the fans, like me, will be as excited as I was, when I saw it. From the minute I read Joss Whedon’s script, I thought, “Oh, man, this is going to be fun to do!” The hardest thing to get right is to figure out how to bring all those characters together, and to fulfill the promise of The Avengers. They really set a very high bar for themselves because you’ve been setting this coalition up, for these five movies, and they better deliver. And in my opinion, they thoroughly deliver.

avengers-movie-poster


View the original article here

No comments:

Post a Comment